(The moments are not a countdown or in any special order)

Thursday, January 12, 2012

#12 - Movie: Shawshank Redemption / Song: Duettino Sull'Aria-Mozart


I am shamed to admit that I have yet to watch the Shawshank Redemption in its entirety (scold me if you must, but at least appreciate my honesty). The scenes I have caught, however, leave me yearning for more and aware that I must find time to give this masterpiece my full and undivided attention.  One scene I have been fortunate enough to see is this very powerful musical moment.  Prisoner Andy Dufresne, desperate for solace from prison-life brutality, finds refuge by listening to a captivating Italian Aria from Mozart's Le Nozze di Figaro.  Rather than revel alone in his "sanctuary within", he shares it over the prison PA system, and it is received with soulful reverence by the Shawshank population.

No comments:

Post a Comment