(The moments are not a countdown or in any special order)

Friday, January 20, 2012

#14 - Movie: Monkey Business / Chico Marx At The Piano (Delibis Pizzacato)

This is one of the older, if not the oldest, movie scenes included in my list of musical moments.  It is from the Marx Brothers movie Monkey Business from 1931.  I probably could have my pick of dozens of great musical moments from the many films the Marx Brothers made during the 1930's.  I chose this one as I felt it showcases the uniqueness of Chico Marx's piano style; comedy and creativity, combined with true great musical skill.  The only thing missing is Harpo playing his Harp, but perhaps I'll include one of those moments in a future post.  I think this is brilliant and hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Just watched this w/ T; he loves the Marx brothers! We both decided we want to learn to play like Chico!

    ReplyDelete